Sunday, 26 August 2012

Busy Week-end

I don't know where the time goes on the week-end!
Before you know it it's Sunday afternoon and I have to tidy up my craft room. Don't know if anyone else is like me but I always have to have it tidy for the coming week.


This is block 6 completed and in between there are alternating blocks of just fabric. While I sat talking with my daughter on Saturday I stitched up the first alternating block. Now these are not really my types of fabrics but I have always wanted to do a vintage inspired quilt and so I brought a quilt kit for "Cake Walk".
Maybe we are spoilt here in Australia, but I found the piccy on the front was not fully visible so I have just had to wing it with some of the colours with the stitching. I do try and pick out some of the colours of the setting triangles but I will just have to wait and see when the whole thing comes together.



I have cut out all of the bits and pieces required for all the blocks and had them laid out in the order of sewing. But this was done a little while ago and I had forgotten that they were in order, that when I started to muck around with them I then had to spend time re-arranging again!!!! Need to write notes to self!


 I just love stitching and last year completed Leanne Beasley's "Down in the Garden". Thought it was just made for me as I love to sit and stitch in the garden whenever I can. This one took 12 months to complete and I added some borders of stitchery as well. I used to stitch most mornings when having my coffee with Mr B before leaving for work and then at night while pretending to watch TV.  Looking at all  the photos I had of the quilt...........all I can say is it looks better in reality......I don't take the best pictures no matter how artistically I try to arrange them LOL!!!!






1 comment:

  1. Welcome the the Fat Quarter Swap Heather!! I love those 1930's reproduction prints--gorgeous!! I am sure the finished quilt will be divine :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.