Saturday, 22 September 2012

Must be getting better - Doing Stuff!

I know I am  recovering more every day.......especially when I have a desire to sew, sew, sew!
When I went to hospital recently I realised I really needed a bag for my slippers as I could only put them in a plastic bag and it's just not right when I have been making draw string bags for most of my life for one thing or another.


So with that thought..........................................I found the perfect fabric in Spotlight. Now it doesn't have shoes on it but rain boots. I just love every one of those boots and wish I had a couple of  pairs of these beauties! Lucky for me I had some plain pink fabric to make the contrasting pieces and draw string. Surprisingly it didn't take that long to make and I did it while watching last Thursday nights episode of the Royal.
I have this fabric in a few different colour ways and there was one with umbrellas on it in the pale blue. The colour is rather brighter than in the photos and is very cute! I can see a few more projects from this range.
 I have enough to share and will have a give away shortly.


The new Tilda book was beckoning to me to make something from it and I decided to make a Cup-Cake Fairy. I had been stocking up on Tilda goodies as we now have a distributor Two Green Zebras in Australia  and they have been very helpful in providing stockist locations so I could satisfy my need for a Tilda stash fill my order. I couldn't find any light blue beads in my stash but found some lovely brads in my scrap-booking supplies and they were a great match and easy to attach! I also didn't put the wings on her....maybe on the next one! Not really happy with the hair but practice can only make me better so I see a few more coming up.


This one is for you Aunt Pitty Pat! LOL She told me she has some Tilda books and has not make anything from them! Well I hope this inspires you LOL. I must admit I have quite a few craft books that I have not made anything out of.......................but............................while there is life in this body I guess no book is safe. 
I do have "Tilda's Christmas Ideas"and she has some very cute Santas, Pixies and Snowmen, that I am just itching to make. I try to make a new decoration every year so that I can slowly replace all of the store brought Christmas things with home made things and now with more Tilda's fabric and accessories available in Australia I can choose any project from the books that I like!

Well it's off to the scrap-booking bench in the craft room to make some Christmas Cards as before we know it it will be time to start sending them out to family and friends.

2 comments:

  1. the little Tilda doll is adorable! I love the fabrics & greta job on the bag I have some bags around here somewhere that needs finishing lol!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely! You slipper bad is great... Now if only I had the sense to wear slippers. And your little doll, so beautiful. Hope you are feeling better each day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.