Thursday, 27 September 2012

What I have been up to!

I have been outside with my camera taking some shots of things in bloom and trying to sort out macro! Still not good at it but have to learn by doing!


 Orchids that grow on trees.


 Small agave flowers with Weaver (or Green) ants.


Orchids that grow in the ground


And of course my favourite flower the rose! Can you see the spider on the other flower? I didn't notice it until I was posting the photos!

Then there was a lovely surprise left by the postie! It was my fat quarter swap from Cathy at Cathy's Sewing Room. I just love the pink colours and especially the variegated thread ! How did she know that I really really love variegated threads of all colours???? Now I have to decide what to use this fabric in!


I have also decided to make another album.....well not really an album but a diary. I am using Graphic45 paper called " A Ladies Diary" and doing it along the lines of one of their compositions on their blog site. I spent a good part of the day cutting out flowers, ladies and other bits and pieces to embellish the pages. The cover is  ready for the pages, but of course I am waiting for the postie to bring me the card-stock I need to make the pages. The cover is the apricot spot paper and the pages are going to be cream. Hurry up postie I am just busting to do this project! It does take a while to fussy cut all of these pictures. I know that I will probably need to cut more as I do like to embellish heavily. I am also waiting for the stamps that come from the range but I think I have everything else I need in my stash!



I decided I wanted to make a runner for my wall unit and after thinking about designs for quite some time I finally decided to go with a Dresden Plate in the alternating blocks. I need to make it about 16 inches wide by about 80 inches long. I will need to spend some time amongst the fabric now and choose a colour. I wonder if I can work some pink into the runner. This will be a good project for the coming week-end where I can put on a DVD and sew away. I have just brought "Downton Abbey" Series 2 this morning!


Will keep you up-dated on the progress. I am hoping it won't take too long to complete as  there are other projects on hold while to do this new one.


1 comment:

  1. lots of lovely pics Heather,i love downtown abby,enjoy.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.