Sunday, 21 October 2012

Beautiful Blooms

I have had hyacinth growing in my fish pond for some time now and it has never bloomed.
Guess what.........it did so the other day and I took a couple of snaps of the flowers opening.


 Here they are early in the morning just starting to open.


 A close up of the flower



Here they are in full bloom.

Now I haven't been idle in the garden all week-end and while I did do a couple of hours mulching and watering I spent some time in the craft room as well.
I decided to trace out the remaining 5 stitchery blocks for my "Cake Walk " quilt. Every-time I want something to stitch I never have a block ready and all that prep time makes me just put if off for another day. So now I have all ready to stitch. I can't wait to make a start on the alternating blocks when these are done!



I  made this little basket some time ago so that I can have my threads, needles, stitchery and scissors available to grab and go when ever I need them. I have a couple of them and they contain different projects. That way if I need to leave it for a while I have everything together and ready for when I take it up again.


2 comments:

  1. what pretty flowers Heather and i love the idea of your project bags,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea. Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.