Saturday, 13 October 2012

Lazy Week

As the title states I have had a bit of a lazy time last week. Mind you I did have a nasty cough and didn't get much sleep at night. Did get to read a few blogs  when I  couldn't sleep. This was usually around 2 or 3 am!

What have I been doing?

Watched series 1 and 2 of Downton Abbey. Needed to refresh myself with series 1 as not sure if I had seen the lot on TV and series 2 was completely new as I didn't bother to watch when it was on and thought I would wait for it to come out on DVD.
While this was on I was able to do a little stitchery. It was a new pattern (newly purchased for me that is) of Bronwyn Hayes called Christmas Hangers. I saw the items made up at the recent Townsville Craft Show and knew I just had to have this pattern. I love Christmas things and want to make the other two  hangers as well.
I only need to do the eyes in black and pom-pom on Santa's hat and Rudolph's nose. Santa can have  a ready made pom-pom instead of satin stitched.



 I really love the thread colours that have been chosen for this project. When I was looking for them in my stash I didn't really like the look of them separately, but when you put them together they look great, especially when stitched.


 I also did some more work on my runner.  I pieced together the Dresden Plates and have them pinned where they are to stay. I still need to complete the centres yet, and I am in the process to doing the strips that are going in between the main blocks. Don't know what you call them! There are 4 plates ...........yes I did do another. I did two with blue on the border and two with yellow. I don't have enough fabric to do them all the same as I am using scraps left over from my Bella Babushka quilt.




I sometimes think I am quite mad when it comes to the amount of projects I start. I have about 6 on the go at any given time! How many do other crafter's have? Are you all as crazy as me?

And lastly I have been enjoying the beautiful jasmine that is flowering outside our bedroom door. It has a heavenly smell and wafts about the bedroom all day and night. It is much stronger in the morning and I just love to wake up to it's fragrance.  



It has clusters of white flowers with shiny green leaves and provides much needed shade on the large glass doors that face the western sun. Wonder who wanted them and then realised they faced the west!!!!!! Oh well ! Problem solved with this lovely climber.

I made up 3 birthday parcels for my fellow Fat Quarter Swappers and one for my rainbow fat quarter swap partner this month but forgot to take pictures of any of them so I will just have to wait until they do a post on their blogs and provide a link. Not enough sleep last week!

It is back to work for me next week and I will be taking my new bag from our Black and White Bag Swap made for me by Barb! I shall be the envy of my colleagues.

1 comment:

  1. heather i love your xmas stitchery and boy you have been busy,well done on your gorgeous projects.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.