Sunday, 25 November 2012

Ready for Christmas.

Yep.....I had to change my blog for Christmas. It is so hot here in Queensland that I just wanted to see a cool theme.
 I can't wait to put up the tree next week and have already drafted the grandchildren to assist with the job. There is the promise of swimming and watermelon to help sweeten the bargain.

I thought I would show you some of the things I have made in the past. I love making one new item each year and to slowly replace all the store brought (not many left now) things.


Reindeer sitting - I think he's eaten too much to stand.



Flying Santa.


Saw this moose in a magazine so I freehand drew him and painted after Mr B cut him out with the jig-saw. I don't think it is safe for me to handle sharp things........sometimes cut myself.......have the scars to prove it!!LOL. I have three of them.....quite a little herd and plan on adding more when I can find the template I made!


Happy elf.......he is happy! Crossed arms, Crossed legs.......this guy is getting a talking to later. When I get him out of the box that is! Also plum pudding angels. Made a few of those and they can be found in all my family and friends houses at Christmas time.


Trio of Santas.


Last years stitchery.

As you can see I love, love, love reindeer and Santas and can never have enough! I also love to watch Christmas movies and I don't mind watching repeats. I never lose my love for this time of year no matter how old I get. 


6 comments:

  1. gorgeous decorations heather i love that you made them,awesome,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Chrissy decorations Heather,makes me feel the Christmas spirit is slowly spreading as it gets closer to that day! :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your header!!! Good taste there! :)
    Also I'm in LoVe with the reindeer... where oh where is THAT pattern? Will put him on my TO DO list for sure! He's gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely decorations, wonderful work. I watch the same movies ever year, and never get tired of them :) Maybe the happy elf just hasn't woken up yet? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made some wonderful things to replace the store bought items. It is a great idea and makes Xmas so much more personal. I like watching the Christmas movies too. Love this time of year. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't mind a bribe.... What's on the table?
    Loving Daughter xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.