Saturday, 26 January 2013

Friday Night Sew In.

Last night I joined all the lovely people for Friday Night Sew In hosted by Heidi.
I started out the evening with my Cake Walk Quilt blocks as now all the stitchery has been completed and the alternating blocks need to be pieced together.
They are just pinned at this stage as I wanted to see how they worked together. Obviously I need to make them all up and then have a play, but I just had to do it.



All of the squares and rectangles are ready to go and I think I have sorted them out at least a dozen times, then something else comes up and I put them aside. When I come back to it I mess them up again as I have forgotten that they were sorted! It's a never ending cycle...........can't wait to sew them into blocks and be done with it. Do others do things like this?

Well, eventually I got bored with this project and decided to get on to something with a little stitching in it. You know, I just don't feel right without a needle and thread in my hand. I can stitch anywhere and be comfortable at the same time. I get a sore back if I spend too much time at the sewing machine. I know, I know.........something about bad posture!!!!!!

Well! as Sisbabe says! LOL I am a faux Stitch - A - Long person and having decided to play along unofficially I started on the stitchery panel for the True Friends Tote. See....I have to stitch something......it's a problem.


All was going well until I realised I should have appliquéd the hearts and not stitched them. I will think about that later, as maybe I will and maybe I won't!
It was at that stage I decided it would be dangerous to continue as when I am tired you never know what I will do (or how short I will cut something) and decided to go to bed with the intention of picking this up on the morrow.


6 comments:

  1. you had a very busy FNSI Heather,well done,cant wait to see your bag finished.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are looking great at the moment, yeah I know they will be different again soon, lol. I just change my mind dozens of times, equally unproductive in finishing terms :) Love the stitchery, why not try some decorative fill-in-y type stitches in the hearts, you know like those cute embroidered ornaments? Maybe in a slightly different red so it has the same effect as the applique! Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a good night and got lots done. I must admit I am like you. Get everything ready and then run out of time, need to sort again the next time I pick it up. I'm sure there are lots of people like us. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitchery...filling the hearts in would look lovely...it's called creative licence. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh nice blocks - ready to go.
    Pretty stitching. Great idea to stitch along without the stress, you still get to be inspired by all the other stitchers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heather, just popping in from the FNSI linky...
    Oh you seemed a bit out of sorts with your FNSI, I hope you get your Cake Walk pieces happily sorted out soon, you will be fine.
    I love the faux SAL status... your stitchery is lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.