Sunday, 27 January 2013

Playing with Dolls

Thanks to Clare at Clare's Craft Room for thinking of this great linky theme.

I love to make dolls of any description and here are a few that I have made over the years.

I collected them from various corners of the house and outside we went for a photography session. The first lady is The Secret Keeper....tell her your deepest darkest secret and she will never give them away. Always has  her mouth closed. She sometimes won't even talk to ME!! I have made a few of these as gifts.

The first picture is in her travelling cloak. Where she goes is anyone's guess as she never tells!


It is rather humid and warm up here in Queensland so in this piccy she has taken it off. Nope.....still not talking!


Next we have another delectable lady. I can't remember her name but you can call her the Gypsy Woman.....but,
 offer her a few coins and she will tell your fortune.......gaze into the ball! 



Who better to find in the garden than a couple of Garden Fairies........don't turn your back on them or they will play tricks and steal all your flowers.


And last but by no means least is the humble doily dolly. Happy in her hand-me-down cloths made from Nonna's doilies. She has lost a few of the flowers off her skirt. I do believe the fairies above have stolen them. No, not really, in this humidity things don't stay stuck for long when you glue them on instead of stitching them on!





6 comments:

  1. Your girls are all gorgeous. The secret keeper is just a treat.
    Hope they're not too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heather what gorgeous dolls you have,i love them especially thesecret keeper,just awesome.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dolls are beautiful. Thanks for showing them. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your dolls Heather makes me wan to pull out one of my doll patterns and make one up it's been so long since I've made one :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your dolls. The doily doll is particularly cute. Must look at something like that

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so talented - I love your dolls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.