Saturday, 5 January 2013

What I did last night.

Well.....I had a very productive night with my friends! No coffee and no chocolate biscuits!!!! How can that be I hear you say!
 I had my lovely daughter for company and we did quite a lot of stitching as we talked and watched Better Homes and Gardens on telly. She is currently working on Down in the Garden by Leanne Beasley.

First I completed the block for Cake Walk quilt that was in the hoop and put on the setting triangles. 


And........then it was on to my tea-towels. I still haven't found my scrap stash.......so I used to scraps from the last quilt I made and went from there. I only have one completed at this stage but the rest have the appliqué ready for blanket stitching. I decided to be a little daring and after using the pattern found by Wendy at Sugarlane Quilts I made up some of my own designs for the other tea-towels.


I think the pink fabric I used makes it look like an angry cat! It looks like it has teeth!! LOL. I didn't mean it this way and only just noticed how it looked when blogging! 
Anyway....here are the rest, just need blanket stitching and buttons.





I think the owl's eyes are mesmerising................don't you? 


Here are the 3 unfinished ones. Don't know what made me do the owl and it has a lot of small pieces to stitch around..........like I don't have enough to do already???
Hope everyone had a wonderful night stitching and getting things completed.


21 comments:

  1. You were very busy last night Heather. It's a nice way to spend time with your DD too. LoVe the block.. and those t/towels are S-W-E-E-T ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You achieved a lot for one night! I think the cat looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Heather these are fantastic,well done,i love the designs.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting me Heather... I'm sorry not to reply to your comment but it came as no reply... it's lvoely to come and visit you and see a very similar type stitchery going on at your place... and I love your dishtowels and had a good laugh at your growling cat!!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colours you've used on the tea towels...they're a lovely idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stitchery is beautiful and I think the cat is very cute. All the tea towels look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitchery is beautiful and all the tea towels are lovely. I only noticed the 'angry chicken' after reading your comment, cute! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol. I didn't notice your 'angry cat' until you mentioned it,
    I was thinking how cute it was. Love the owl and flowers too.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Heather. I love your tea towels, they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonjour from France, just popped in from Cherylls' to admire your work and to wish you a Bonne Annee.

    I love the owl, and you're so right re the eyes.

    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tea towels and the Cake Walk stitching is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. such pretty tea towels, and the Cake Walk stitching is really pretty, what a lovely looking project x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow you really got into things. Maybe the stash missing thing was providence, less time being distracted by lovely scraps :) I thought the cat looked a tad surprised, missed the teeth thing entirely, lol. Very hypnotising owl, freaky! Your daring adventure into your own designs has turned out so fabulously :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work is absolutely beautiful. And aren't you ambitious, hope it rubs off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seems like you had a very productive time. Your tea towels are gorgeous, and love your Cake Walk block.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad that I discovered your blog! I am visiting by way of the linky party at SewManyWays. Your embroidered basket is just beautiful and I love the appliqued towels. I think I need to make some this year! I love to do hand work, too, and have embroidered some baby and little girls' clothing as well as a couple of tea towels. Right now I am working on a six week sewing challenge for children but two of the outfits will have hand embroidery. I hope you'll stop by and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your towels are wonderful. Very nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I came here via Find a Friend Friday and I want to say your stitching is lovely and those tea towels.....so darn cute! I am now following you
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I love the kitty teatowel naturally! Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your stitchery is beautiful and the tea towels will make wonderful gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.