Friday, 8 March 2013

Favourite Things Friday

Thanks to Shay from Quilting in My Pyjamas for hosting Favourite Things Friday.  Some of my favourite things are the beautiful stitched sayings. I love them on quilts, on cushions, and on bags. They remind me of all the simple but good things in life.

This is a cushion on the lounge


Everyone knows where this is! True Friend Tote. Lovely saying and one that can give courage to hang in there when it gets tough!


Words on wall hangings


Words on quilts


Middle of Leanne Beasley's Quilt  Down in the Garden. This one took me 12 months to stitch the whole quilt! Notice I love anything to do with the garden! LOL!



I also wanted to show my latest Fat Quarter Swap from  Leonie from Run for the Hills Blog. She sent me a lovely FQ of orange and blue with some hand dyed threads and a cute card. Thanks Leonie and thanks  Cathy for organising this swap.


I have completed my stitching for the pin cushion from Anni Downs book, Some Kind of Wonderful,  and cut the squares ready for sewing the top and bottom. Yes............ I am a faux Stitch-A-Long person. I didn't join up because I thought I wouldn't be able to keep up, but I'm cruisin' so maybe next year I'll join for real!!



And to finish off, today I learned a new word.................  coined in the 1980s, the term biophilia describes the love of life and the living world, and the sense of affinity and elation felt when around nature. 

7 comments:

  1. i love projects with lovely sayings Heather.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All lovely sayings....nice stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All lovely sayings....nice stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very fond of lovely words especially to stitch. Lots of beautiful projects with beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I became a huge fan of hand embroidery a couple of years ago and I love all of those sayings. Im completely crushing on the tote though. How gorgeous!

    Thanks for showing us all these lovelies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful sayings, beautiful stitching, a truly wonderful favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful projects. So lovely stitching.

    Greetings from Germany, Grit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.