Saturday, 16 March 2013

FQ Swap Catch Up for March

Thought I had better do a post regarding the latest fat quarter swap. My partner for the month of March was Jessica (no blog) and the theme was TWO (2), it could be two colours, complementing or contrasting, two colour fabric as in tone on tone, or two colours of solids or even fabric with two's on it. With choice like that it was pretty easy to find something.  


This is was I sent Jessica (I know she likes purple and I decided on two purple fabrics) and below is what she sent me. Thanks Jessica.


There were also a couple of birthday people and this is what I sent to them.


Above was for Helen P and below is what I sent to Vanessa. Sorry about the wrapping as I had it done before remembering to take a photo. As I usually forget  it seems I am getting better at remembering before posting.

I was pretty pleased with myself for getting this job done early as last month I was late posting stuff off. Sometimes those short months catch you napping!

I also finished my pin cushion from Anni Downs book, Some Kind of Wonderful. I love it and have already put it in use next to the sewing machine.


With this one done and dusted I thought it was time to do a little more stitching and I wanted to get ready for the April project for Stitch-A-Long from the book Tis the Season by Natalie Bird. I love stitching in the morning when we are having our coffee before work........light is good, I'm not tired, it stops me going to work too early and I think Mr B enjoys the peace and quiet while reading the paper!! LOL! Otherwise I read over his shoulder and talk incessantly!

It was an easy project to stitch and I have finished all the stitchery's!




I decided to change the middle stitchery from the book and I chose this one as I liked the saying better. Now I will have to dig out some fabric to make up the rest of the wall hanging.

I have also pieced together the top of a quilt for my grandson who's birthday is at the end of this month. Just need to do the quilting and binding. Hope he loves it! I brought it as a kit from a craft show and it was pretty easy to complete using a large center panel. I will show the whole quilt when it's finished. I might try some more tricky (for me anyway) stitching on my Sweet Sixteen!


Now I am off to find something to stitch. I think I have a peacock that is in the UFO box!







5 comments:

  1. boy you have been busy Heather,love your pin cushion,lovely pics,well done,enjoy your weekend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather you have been a busy lady! I love the purples fabrics & swap items - sounds like fun.
    The pincushion is super-cute & it's no wonder you are already using it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW you have been super organised this month,love the fabrics you chose for the swaps/birthday girls and the ppincushion is soooo cute! Don't leave us in suspense for too long with unveiling your grandsons quilt:) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, what a great post ;-) you have been busy and so very organised!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.