Saturday, 2 March 2013

Saturday Morning after FNWF

Got up early this morning and went down to Farmers Markets at North Shore. Brought some fruit for the grand-kids and us and something naughty for breakfast! Just the thing to have with the first coffee (skinny Cap) of the day and post about last night!
A very nice almond croissant! Don't tell the diet police! LOL!


Last night I finished the "Snow Happens" table runner stitchery. I only had one snowman left to stitch so it wasn't hard to have this done in a reasonable time frame and still go to bed early-ish!


I can't wait to put on the borders.



I used the DMC Pearl Cotton No 8 and although you need only use one thread, I'm not convinced I like it better than the regular DMC thread. I have the Santa table runner to go and might start it soon. That will make two items ready for Christmas!
Of course I had a helper last night.........she mostly got in the way when I wanted scissors or thread, but she wanted to join in so I really couldn't say no!


Last week I completed my Red Home "True Friends" Tote bag by Natalie Bird. I used Chateau Rouge by French General for Moda. I have plenty spare so will do the pin cushion and maybe a small purse to pop in the bag. These will go into my Birthday Love Stash being hosted by Wendy at Sugarlane Quilts. I didn't get much done for February but am going to turn that around for March.

Front 


Back, and the lining is the same fabric as the back. It looked complicated to make but the instructions were clear and very easy to follow. I love the two front pockets....very handy for phones or keys.


Thanks everyone for stitching along with me and the cat and Cheryll at Gone Stitchin' for hosting.


12 comments:

  1. Love your bag. Thanks for sewing with me on Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snowmen. They are gorgeous. Your Siamese puss looks just like my Siamese puss. Your bag is very lovely. Hugs,xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather,
    Looks like you had a great FNwF's last night.
    The snowman stitchery is going to be great
    fun, can't wait to see it all finished.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great effort last night.... I think my coffee did the trick...lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic effort heather you do such beautiful work,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bag and the runner will be fabulous when done

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy breakfast. I won't tell. I adore your snowmen....so cute and your bag is lovely. How nice to have been stitching with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bag is just gorgeous Heather, I could not bear to part with something so beautiful if I had made it!
    The snowmen look very cute, the runner will be lovely I'm sure x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cute snowmen will make a wonderful runner. Your tote bad turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh yummy breakfast. Your snowmen look very happy. Nice job on your bag, what a phenomenal gift for someone :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. All the little snowmen are very cute and the bag is beautiful. Your helper is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a wonderful breakfast, the croissant looks yummi. I love your snowmen stitchery, can't wait to see the finished runner. The bag is amazing, i love the fabrics you used and the stitchery is lovely,too.
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.