Sunday, 3 March 2013

What the cat thinks of that bag!

Can't  help herself........I put the newly completed bag on the spare bed thinking I would put it in the Birthday Love Stash box later!

Here is what I found! LOL !


What is she telling me? She approves or that she thinks it's only fit for her to lie on!! 

I have had such a wonderful weekend. It started with Friday off from work and going shopping with my daughter. Another pair of new shoes. That makes 4 pairs in the last 3 weeks. I can't help myself when there are specials.............and I do like shoes! What!.......are you calling me Imelda??LOL!

Then Friday night with Friends saw me sewing with all my friends and complete my Snow Happens stitchery.

Saturday was spent with the Grandies swimming and having ice-cream and Sunday saw me finish my Snow Happens runner.


Getting the fabric ready......not looking forward to the squares on point........hope they fit!


Hooray..........all finished! The points came out better than I expected and I did all the quilting on my Sweet Sixteen. Need to spend more time on that thing and move off my learner plates. I was a little more adventurous this time and upped the cruising speed to 50% and did some feather type thingies on the border. I can't stipple for the rest of my life now can I? You really should see the flowers in the border squares! Some are perfect and some resemble scribble! LOL! Oh well! I can look back in years to come and shake my head and say "What a novice"!
It was so funny today in 30 degree temperatures with 70% humidity and stitching a SNOWMAN runner. I just had to turn the air-con on to get in the mood!

I hope everyone has had a weekend as lovely as mine. It's off to work tomorrow and see what went down while I was away on Friday...........can't wait (not).

11 comments:

  1. I guess that is a thumbs up. Funny how animals love new fabric creations. Your 'frosties' are so gorgeous. I love how you completed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from Sew Darn Crafty. The runner and stitching looks great. But it is weird doing stuff like that in the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi heather your cat is so funny and i love your snowman runner,i would love to make one of these could you please tell me what the pattern is called and the designer please,well done its gorgeous.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cats love all the things we love. I think it must be their way of being close to us. The snowmen are gorgeous. I love the diamond border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your table runner. Cats have a mind of their own. Mine is always doing the unexpected. It would be pretty boring without them. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think cats believe everything has to go through their approval LOL. Love the snowman runner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whadda you mean it's not a cushion? What's it on the bed for then? LOL
    Snowman runner is fabulous just love how you finished it, and yay for on point fitting, phew :) And yay for being all adventurous and quilting funky new different thingies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love that he loves it too! Your free motion quilting is awesome, I'd love to even be able to stipple....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oops - I said he - sorry puss!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you have some Comment-bombers up there Heather...
    Anyway, I'm sure the cat totally approves of the bag, and is lying on it so that it doesn't get given away!
    It sounds like a lovely weekend, and you've done a marvelous job on the runner, well done!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your snowmen. A very pretty project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.