Saturday, 6 April 2013

April FNWF

I actually started my stitching a little early on Friday morning while waiting to go to work and finished off the last (so I say) of the Bon Noel wall hanging from Tis the Season book by Natalie Bird.


I decided to change the "Noel" word to an Italian word with the same meaning. Thought I would add a bit of significant cultural heritage to it. Will you look at the little birdie with the longest star.......it  must be heavy as he looks a little cross-eyed to me! I bet he is saying..."hurry up and take the photo so I can put this dam thing down!!!!"
This now makes it a total of 6 little blocks that are ready for putting together. Don't forget I did one for the album cover. I have really loved stitching these as they are so quick to finish.


The other item I completed is my runner and all that was left was to cut and sew on the binding. It's been sitting around for a while now and needed to be finished. I had a sore finger by the time I finished but it was worth it. I'm loving it.


It's a shame the colours don't come up too well in the photo, but I did take the piccy before the sun has come up. 
Thanks to Cheryll for hosting this night and I had a lovely night knowing I was stitching along-side all my friends out in blog-land. Need to go and check out what everyone else has been up to last night.

16 comments:

  1. Your stitchery is lovely. Lots of beautiful stitching done.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stitches. Those blocks are lovely.
    Sweet runner, looks like you had a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stitching is great, and the runner colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful runner, love the colors. Your stitching is lovely and I'm sure the bird didn't mind posing - how else would we get to see him?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that you added your own touch to the Christmas stitchery by changing it to Bon Natale. And you made me laugh when I read that part about the bird thinking, hurry up and take the picture... lol

    Your tablerunner is so pretty. I'll bet it felt great to get so much accomplished last night.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitching is gorgeous! Love the Dresden table runner ;-)
    thanks for visiting my blog for FNwF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those stitcheries are quite cute and I do love the colours in you table runner. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Heather... you work is always so lovely! Hope you enjoyed the mint slice at FnwF...lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those stitcheries looks just wonderful. Love your table runner - what beautiful colours and it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I love your Christmas stitching and the runner is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Natalie Bird's patterns.
    Adding the italian words was a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute stitcheries and lovely tablerunner. !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The stitcheries for the wallhanging are gorgeous. You have done well with embroidering so many of them. Lovely tablerunner also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous runner Heather, I can just imagine the lovely colours they must be in person :) Great work on your stitcheries, they are fun little blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm loving the Italian influence with the stitcheries....not that I'm biased or anything.....married to a Guiseppe!!! LOL and the table runner looks fab...so good to have a finish when you're with all of us!
    xox sugary hugs
    Wendy :O)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty runner Heather, I love that range...
    beautiful finish x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.