Sunday, 21 April 2013

While I was Waiting!


Yesterday while I was waiting for my groceries to arrive from Woolworths I decided to whip up another goody for my Birthday Love Stash hosted by Wendy.


Now I don't usually like too much brown but while out shopping on Friday I found some in a craft shop and put together several pieces and made this bag. This was very easy to make and I whipped it up in a couple of hours. Woolworths were late yesterday!


Inside has 3 pockets for keys and phone. DIL loves earthy tones and I am very happy to have this ready for her birthday.


While I was walking out to take a photo of the bag I noticed tiny purple and white flowers among the lawn grass! I do believe they are weeds or at least native things but they were so lovely with busy bees (the bees are bigger than the flowers) cruising through them I couldn't resist taking a photo and sharing with you.


Those brown leaves are gum leaves!


They are so cute and tiny! 


10 comments:

  1. gorgeous bag Heather your DIL will love this,well done on a pretty finish.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a sweet tote bag. Such a lovely gift to give.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bag. The earthy colours look great. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bag...just picked up some fabric, like I really needed it, to make another patch bag for ...me. Your DIL will love that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely bag Heather, even though it is brown, lol, I love that fabric. Great way to fill in time waiting for late people :) Such cute flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sweet bag. Love the pockets and check lining. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Μου άρεσε τόσο πολύ,
    χαιρετίσματα από Ελλάδα !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great bag Heather, & well done on choosing fabrics not of your preferred colours...
    we have had a beast of a time with the little flowers you've got, they spread & spread, smothering everything & so hard to get rid of... sorry to speak ill of the cute flowers! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not much of a brown person, either, but the fabrics you selected and the pattern make this a lovely bag!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a lovely bag and it does look good in those colours. A lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.