Sunday, 19 May 2013

Confused !

Well ! I was confused about whether or not it was Friday Night Sew In . . . . . . . . so . . . . . . . . .I had a couple of Nights Sew In . . . . . . . . .one last night and one Friday night. LOL !


What's better than one night of sewing with friends, than two nights !

Friday night saw me trace out a few designs to make a set of place mats. I found the pattern in Patchwork and Stitching Vol. 14 No. 1 It has a few lovely projects that I am going to have to make in this volume, but the one I chose to start with is" Flowers For Tea " by the lovely Jennifer Reynolds of  Elefantz. It  is for a tea-cosy, trivet and two placemats.

Now I don't use a tea-cosy, although I do own a few tea-pots, so I have decided to use the four embroideries to make 4 placemats instead. 






I also added a border to the last stitchery I finished . . . . . . . . . . and I hate it, so will be unpicking it sometime today.  I really don't know what I was thinking !!!!! I will have to have a proper look in my stash instead of grabbing just anything ! 


I think I need something with more blue and pink rather than the green! 
It's looking like it's going to be a lovely day here (a bit of rain over night) so I will go out to the garden for a bit (until my knees give me a hard time) and then back to the stitching and unpicking! 
Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.


13 comments:

  1. It's ok Heather. When Heidi posts about FNSI i usually have 2 Friday night sew-in's but she was late posting this month. :) Though i did have a Friday night stitch-in as well with my Facebook friends. Love what you worked on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely stitching Heather love the placemat idea,is that a new mag that the patterns were in ?.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally fell over Heidi's post on our Saturday, or I would have missed stitching with you :) Lovely stitching, such gorgeous designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitcheries look great. I did Friday and Saturday nights of sewing too. I really don't think it matters.
    Corrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both the projects you worked on Heather...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitcheries and the placemat idea is great !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the things you worked on for fnsi - its the best excuse to sit and sew, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your tea cup stitcheries!
    I love the idea that we are all sewing together. I, too, sewed Friday night and Saturday night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't sure either so I booked this friday and next!! LOL
    Love your stitchery blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your stitcheries... we seem to be sharing a tea cup theme this week....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stitchery is beautiful. That is a lovely pattern by Jenny. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stitchery is beautiful. That is a lovely pattern by Jenny. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great stitch work ! I think I would have lost my patience ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.