Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Playing with Something a Little Different

I decided to buy a pattern by Kerryanne from Shabby Art Boutique after seeing a post about her from Jenny of Elefantz. I just wanted to make a pin cushion angel so I went over and looked..........4 patterns latter I have made these.

Started out as a sheet of MDF from Bunnings. Had a quick lesson by hubby in how to use a jig saw (let me tell you I was a bit nervous about electricity, blades and fingers etc., but determined to do it myself) and here are the initial pieces cut out. Mr B cut out the first one to show me how it's done and I did the rest. He did tell me to slow down as I couldn't take the corners too well!



A good sand on the rough parts and a coat of paint on the edges and backs and they ready to be made into something beautiful.


Cover with lovely paper, apply a little colour around the edges. 


They are still a bit wobbly around the edges but that's my first attempt..........just try and take that jig-saw off me now! LOL! I did actually stick the large rose on up-side-down!!!! That's why I am trying to hide it. I will take note of the direction next time!

And......the finished product. A lovely place to store my lace and ribbons. LOL! I will probably need to go back to Bunnings and buy a few more sheets of MDF to store all my lace! I also need to make a few of these as gifts and give-away for my stash box.


I felt quite satisfied yesterday. A bit of wood crafting, a bit of craft shopping and a bit of stitching and movie watching saw me have just a lovely day. I am going to cut out more today! There's no stopping me now!
I LOVE holidays.







18 comments:

  1. Well done Heather. Glad you enjoyed this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Heather i am impressed,they look fantastic.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant. You are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG... they a gorgeous! You are quite talented with THAT saw...so I won't mess with you...lol! What a wonderful handmade gift to yourself AND someone else! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look absolutely gorgeous. You did so well with the jigsaw. I am also nervous of cutting fingers when I use ours. Often Chris takes pity on me and cuts them out for me. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them! You are brave to use the saw...I won't even use the electric knife!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Hubby letting you play with his toys, lol. They have come up a treat, I can see why you will be a regular at Bunnings now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Heather, these are fantastic, well done., for your first attempt they are just wonderful... x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw this on Sew Many Ways Find a Friend Friday linky party. I just had to come see what you did. Great idea and just so Gorgeous!

      Delete
  10. Hi Heather, just popping over from New to Me. Your wood crafting is beautiful and good on you for using a jigsaw! A fab way of storing your lace and would really make lovely presents too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dropped by from 'New To Me' and they're just gorgeous, go you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea - they look so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are soooooooo pretty. You did a great job for you first time using a jigsaw.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.