Monday, 24 June 2013

Too Cold !

It has been quite cold here . . . .well . . . at the office it has been colder than outside that is ! The idiots at work have had the thermostat down so low it was much colder than it  actually was outside of the building.



Well,  the result is I have been sick since Thursday night ! Classic symptoms...sore throat, cough, runny nose and headaches. DD came over  on Saturday and made me chicken soup,  lots of hot soothing drinks and she also gave me a lovely bunch of flowers to cheer me up. Feeling miserable I have parked myself on the lounge with rug, socks, beanie and hot chocolate and watched TV/movies/slept most of the weekend. The cats have come in handy as ever-ready hot water bottles. LOL.




Very little stitching going on at all, except in the good drugged moments when I pick up my latest project "Shabby Roses Beauty" mystery BOM from Jenny of Elefantz e-magazine elefantz home. I only have a few leaves and some chain stitching to do and this block will be finished. I need to get on to the next one and try to catch up before  block 3 in the next issue is out in July.


Here's hoping you had a better weekend than my own.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Heather - oh you poor thing being sick - I hope you are on the mend now - take care x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you poor thing....sounds like you are doing all the right things. Hope you send that bug packing soon. Sweet DD and lovely flowers. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. get better soon my friend,take care.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just hate that...all that time to stitch bit your too unwell to keep your eyes open!! Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you are sick, hopefully you will be feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you get well soon. Nothing
    better than just rugging up and
    snoozing when you're not well.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.