Tuesday, 16 July 2013

May the Force be with You.

I have been commissioned by my 8 year old grandson to make him a Star Wars quilt. He even helped me design it. I do think it is based loosely on the one I made for the other grandson, but what the heck, it makes it easy for me.
I will be using a central panel and lots of borders . . . . . nothing too complicated and it will be ready for his birthday in October, especially as I will be on holidays soon. 



Now in case you think I have been lazy and not doing my stitching I have finished my block 3 of  Jenny's BOM Beauty. I love this little owl, he is so cute and all those roses are now done. I have a sneaking suspicion there are more to follow !



I also found a lovely stitchery from the latest Homespun called Christmas Spirit by Rosalie Quinlan. Seems I have been stitching Christmas all year, but this is my favorite time of year.




Now I am not strictly following the stitching guide for this one (nearly) and you will have to excuse my photography as I kept getting in the way and creating a shadow ! I need to take photos in the daylight and not at night !



6 comments:

  1. Ho Ho Ho... your stitching is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching and an awesome Star Wars quilt in the making. Can't wait to see the finished products! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A star wars quilt sounds cute. My grandson was into hockey so he wanted a hockey quilt. I had fun making it. Your stitching is lovely. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. will be a fun quilt to make... love both your stitchery projects...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge Star wars fans in our household and now the youngest generation have become fans too because of the Lego. What a fun quilt it will be. Love jenny's work and your stitching is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt will be a beauty Heather! So good when boys want a quilt, methinks!!
    And yes there's always a bit of Christmas sewing & stitching going on here too x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.