Saturday, 20 July 2013

Stitching with my Friends on Friday

I started a little early with my stitching for Friday Night Stitch In hosted by  Wendy of Sugarlane Quilts. I had company and cyber friends to stitch with! Supplies of Hot Chocolate, Coffee and the obligatory TimTams were in abundance!


I decided to work on my latest Rosalie Quinlan project (yes another Christmas item) and here is the progress for the night. You would be surprised how long it takes to fill in all the satin stitch parts ! A bit longer than normal when the light is dim as well.




Here is what DD was working on. Leanne Beasley's Down in the garden.


I had wanted to start on the Star Wars Quilt, but didn't make it so will be looking at the fabrics and beginning to cut some today. I want this one ready for his birthday in October.

Thanks Wendy for hosting last night and hope everyone had a lovely night stitching with me,  although I believe I did eat more than my share of the TimTams! LOL !

29 comments:

  1. Heather such beautiful work by you and DD,what a productive night you both had,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely stitching - a very productive night ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are beautiful projects and you both made great progress. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous work Heather and I am sure all that chocolatey energy helped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yum!!
    Hi Heather, you absolutely need chocolates to help with FNSI. lol. Love your stitchery, it is cute.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything Christmasy and I'm in! Beautiful work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its lovely to have some stitchy company and you both worked on some beautiful projects

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous projects, I can't believe how quick you are with Rosalie's stitchery I have this one on my to-do list as soon as my magazine comes back from my sisters house :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great FNSI for you both. The stitcheries look great. I love both of those designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both your and your DD's stitching are lovely. A good night was had I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heather the stitching is beautiful I love Rosalie Quinlan designs. DD stitching looks great !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. both projects are beautiful...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Heather,

    Some wonderful projects fueled on by Tim Tams.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your stitching is lovely heather, great work, I'm sure the Tim Tams helped...

    ReplyDelete
  15. what lovely projrcts your are working on...gorgeous stitching

    ReplyDelete
  16. Unh huh! Beautiful project. Drooling over that Christmas one. Real eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely embroidery work, both of you. Yum! Loved the Timtams.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely stitching, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous redwork. Your DD stitchery is lovely also. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely stiching. Have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never attempted any hand stitching, but yours is so lovely I think I may have to give it a try.........such pretty stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your stitching is beautiful, it does look like a lot of work! DD's stitching is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful stiching in both project

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tim tams are always useful :) Love the stitchery! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have gorgeous stitching! Everyone loves timtams and hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely work Heather and nice to have had physical company too!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful stitching there Heather, clearly fueled by that yummy packet of bikkies!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.