Sunday, 28 July 2013

What I have been Working On.

I have enjoyed my first week of holidays and this has allowed lots of catching up with friends, stitching and just pottering around in the craft room. I might add that staying in bed in the morning and not getting out of PJ's until late has been an added bonus.

Anyway here's what I have been doing.
A Vase wrap from Jenny of Elefantz, you can get the pattern here for free on Craftsy . It's called All Wrapped Up and there are lots of other free projects from Jenny as well.




Christmas stitchery  by Rosalie Quinlan from Homespun Magazine July Issue is now finished and ready to hang for Christmas. I decided to put a border on and chose a similar design to echo on the sides.




And . . . . . . yes I too have the tea-towel making bug and decided to make a few for DIL as I noticed she likes to hang them on the oven door. I picked colours similar to the tea-towels I saw in her kitchen and found the hanger fabric in my stash! Couldn't believe I had the perfect match for both the red and the grey! I made her two of each. Will have to make a set for DD now also.




Have just returned from a lovely few days in Cairns. No sewing, just too much eating and talking.


10 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty it all is! Good stuff :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. L-O-V-E those towels!!! And yes a perfect match in topper fabric! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely relaxing start to your holidays and a vey productive one as well, enjoy the rest of your holidays :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your work! And I really like those towels! I think I'm going to whip some up too and when I do I'll link back to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous sewing. I, too, love Jenny's patterns

    ReplyDelete
  6. such beautiful work Heather,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely projects being made, Heather. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely projects ... I so love the Christmas stitchery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.