Saturday, 3 August 2013

Friday Night Stitching

Last night I traced the stitching design and applique pieces of the next block of Jenny of Elefants Beauty  BOM.
 I did do a little stitching on the block but tiredness won out and when I had to pull out one too many stitches I decided it was time to go to bed.



I will be stitching more of this block today with friend Michelle and DD coming over to stitch today. Friday night and Saturday sewing . . . . . how lucky am I ?

Earlier in the night I finished off the binding on my table center. 



I got this pattern from here. There are lots of lovely things to sew for free on this site. I used my favorite fabric of Lecien Flower Sugar for this project. I always have problems cutting up my stash of this, but what the heck . . . . . . .  it needs to be out and seen to be enjoyed by others as well !
Thanks everyone for stitching with me last night. Go on over to Cheryll's at Gone Stitchin` and see what others have done.

16 comments:

  1. I love the Elefants block. I know how you feel. I did more un-stitching last night than sewing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous block you'll be stitching today! And YES get the stash out so we can all see it... and then you can go buy more! Wonderful mat too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects and yes we need to get our stashes out and start sewing with them. We purchased them because we loved them and not we all need to overcome our fears and sew with it .... show it off :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your block , can't wait to see more.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Heather that topper is gorgeous,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely projects. The table topper is so pretty in those fabrics.

    valspierssews@gmail.com
    http://valspierssews.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that pattern, hope to make it soon. Love the Jenny blocks. Have been looking for some fabric but can't find what I want so can't start the blocks yet. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather you are so wise about the fabrics... much better to use them in a project you love & will admire, than having it stuck in a box for no one to see... beautiful topper there, I must go check out that pattern, thanks for the link x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stitching is looking beautiful and I love your table center. Gorgeous pattern, I would like to make that one day! Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table centre looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Elefantz block is coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the table topper and your use of the check fabric in your block..you are so right once you start on the reverse stitching it is time to take a break..I felt the same on Friday night..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful table topper and your stitching is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I *love* this table runner, and kept meaning to tell you over lunch!!
    Don't those fabrics just make it? Glad you cut into them, eh? ;-)
    hugs
    Jenny
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.