Sunday, 8 September 2013

Small Things

The weekend had a little of everything that I love.

   A little stitching on the next block of Bethlehem Quilt. I hated stitching with the metallic threads, but with advice from friends, such as, using shorter pieces and taking longer stitches it's not so bad now. I am learning to deal with it !



A little card making. Made some small cards from left over card stock for my birthday Fat Quarter parcels.









A little cooking.


Easy orange cake with orange frosting. Found the recipe on Best Recipes. Grand-kids thought it was great.

And a couple of more surprise packages have arrived on Friday with still some more birthday Fat Quarters. Thanks again for the goodies.


From Lyn Smith


From Claire.

Lovely weekend it was . . . . . .  friends and family, sewing and fat quarters.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the quilt grow. I also am not happy stitching with metallic thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was worth persevering with the metallic thread Looks great
    Fantastic cards I would be very happy to receive one of those The recipients will be delighted

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried using metallic thread but will keep those tips in mind when I do. Btw, that cake looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those cards...beautiful stitching...and must check out that recipe...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.