Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Stitching with Friends

I went stitching with friends on Monday and got most of  block 2 from 
" A long time ago in Bethlehem " done.  Just need to do the tassels on the reigns.

It started the day as this . . . . . . . . . .




and ended the day as this . . . . . . . . . Now it looks like I wasn't busy but that cargo rope is tiny chain stitch!



There was a good bit of laughing and talking going on and the hostess for the day was our lovely friend Michelle. She made us an exquisite lunch followed by banana cake and a pot of tea,  mmmm . . . just wonderful!




Friends all looking industrious, Wendy, Michelle (no blog yet, but it's coming) and Jennifer. Sorry about the blurry picture as I was trying to get into the corner to take it! LOL !


Three of us were stitching, but Michelle was doing some fancy colouring using  Helen Stubbings technique colourque. I think she was trying to hide from me!
It certainly was a wonderful day in the company of lovely people.

5 comments:

  1. how fun heather... I would love to meet all those ladies... and you of course... what a fun day and lovely work you are all doing!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful day Heather,sounds perfect to me.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great day was had Heather, and sometimes it's the smallest part of a design that can take the longest to stitch - looking good! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great day and I love the yummos you girls have :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.