Monday, 7 October 2013

Labour Day Holiday

Here in Queensland we are having our holiday for Labour Day and instead of sitting around or going camping (like most of the town) I am pottering around the house & cooking.
This morning I made a chocolate slice (recipe from here ) from the lovely ladies from A Spoonful of Sugar. It is  delicious and easy to make.




I also tried out a recipe from the November Issue of Better Homes & Gardens of  Pear and Raspberry cake. It came out very moist and very yummy, but if I make it again I will use a bigger tin as it took much longer than stated to cook and I had to cover the top with foil to stop it burning !


I love the latest issue of Elefantz home e-magazine with lots of Christmas stitching and want to make most of the projects featured. Oh! which one to do first!


I have started on the runner in the top right hand corner. It is just beautiful, but of course it helps when you have seen it in real life . . . . .  and I must say I do love that red bag! Don't really need another one, but, I guess one more won't hurt.

Here is what I did last night. I didn't really stick with the sizes given, but used the pattern in the fabric as a guide and it seems to fit OK. 


Here are the fabrics I'm using.



Just found this lot in my stash and I'm pleased to be using them, although what possessed me to buy such a busy Christmas pattern is beyond me as it's not the usual type I go for. I guess it was meant to be !


4 comments:

  1. yummy your baking looks delicious Heather and love your sewing,well done,cant wait to see it finished.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cooking looks so good....and I love the look of your project...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely sewing and cooking as well. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum...the chocolate slice looks a bit nice!!!!
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.