Saturday, 11 January 2014

Friday Night with Friends

I joined Friday Night with Friends hosted by Cheryll at Gone Stitchin`. I did a little stitching  in the morning before work and then picked it up again in the evening.

I felt hot and a bit tired and hubby and I decided to invite the family to the local  for a meal. Everyone was very willing to spend some time in the air-con with a few drinks, a good meal and wonderful company. I also took my stitching along. I can multi-task you know......drink......talk.....and sew!

I had the Salt & Pepper Calamari......yummy!


I continued on my Beauty BOM from the lovely Jenny of Elefantz. Jenny has some great tutorials on her blog and lots of beautiful free patterns. 
 I'm a little behind with this quilt, but now that Christmas is over for another year I'm sure I will catch up fast.



Now, I have done this block previously, but decided to change the quilt around a little now that I have seen it completed and am having to redo this one.....no ones fault but my own!
Hope everyone had a happy and productive night and thanks for stitching with me. Thanks again to Cheryll for hosting.

23 comments:

  1. Love your project. The squid looks yummy. Hugs, xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project and a delicious looking dinner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching and what a lovely way to spend your friday night. Yummy meal with family and sewing with friends.
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  4. love salt and pepper squid and what lovely work you got done Heather,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. salt & pepper calamari looks yummy! great way to spend the night :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous stitching. I have this one in my to do list also. Hugs......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitching and meal !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea and such a lovely project you are working on... So fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to be able to take your sewing while you eat out!
    That is a lovely project from Jenny too = love the freshness of the red/white.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous multi skilling.. Love your block worked in red.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Jenny's patterns are so cute! I am glad to hear I am not the only one that brings handwork out. The calamari looked delicious, I hardly ever get it here in Colorado. Thank you for sharing. I am visiting from FNWF.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great FNWF Heather - you are brave to have your stitching near any food!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your project and your dinner looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a gorgeous project, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. He's going to be a cutie when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking good. It will be a beautiful block when completed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful stitching, multitasking while enjoying a night out is always good.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful needle work. What a lovely way to spend an evening.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.