Sunday, 16 February 2014

After the Rains

Just when I was beginning to think that our wet season had passed us by along came some welcome rain. Lovely weather for reading a book, doing some stitching or just lounging around with a coffee and a movie! I didn't get to do any of the above as I was usually at work while the rain was happening!

The garden was not a pleasant place to wander around in unless you had on your wellies!


The fish pond looked as if it would overflow at any minute and spill out the fish!


The plants loved it!



But the weekend came around ........and of course I got some time to do a little stitching.





This is a lovely free stitchery pattern by Jenny and I decided to make a little pin cushion and pin keeper. You can find the pattern for the stitchery on Jenny's blog. It is a tutorial for doing the leaves and I just winged it and made up the items as she has done, but you could do anything you like.

Now I have another little set to use on my stitching days.



6 comments:

  1. Hi Heather,
    Such a far cry from the weather we have. The flowers certainly look as if they
    enjoyed the rain. Lovely stitchery you have done.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you have had rain...love your stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news about the rain. Gorgeous stitchery and set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post Heather and the set you made is gorgeous,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you can send us some rain ... Those purple orchids are amazing and pretty sewing goodies...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.