Saturday, 8 March 2014

Friday Night with Friends

Last night I joined up with Cheryll and 33 other friends to enjoy a night of stitching.

I prepared a new applique block ready to stitch. Don't know what the finished piece will be yet......maybe a cushion or just a mini quilt, can always figure this out latter!


While looking in my stash for something suitable to make the flowers from I came across this piece and decided to use the flowers whole. As I went along I used some of the petals to make the smaller ones and the butterfly wings. Very happy with the outcome. It's a happy cat in the garden!


Although it was easy to put together I did do a lot of  Better Homes and Gardens watching so it probably took me longer than it should have to finish. 
Anyway,  I have the new Thor DVD to watch today so I can do the blanket stitch around the flowers and  the cat's and butterfly's features.

Hope everyone had a great night and thanks for stitching along with me.

15 comments:

  1. Such a cute block. I love it. Hugs, xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a happy project...that kitty looks very happy in it's lovely garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. I think it looks fabulous. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! very fresh and spring like :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! very fresh and spring like :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous block Heather. I've got a friend who would just love something like this as she is a mad cat enthusiast. Hope you managed to get more stitching done as planned today. Cheers, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!
    It was so nice to spend time together at FNwF... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your appliqué looks very sweet and I just love the Thor movies, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great Heather!
    Love those cheery and happy colors!!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cheery work there Heather! Love all those flowers, reminds me of a cat I sometimes see in my neighbourhood... x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet kitty enjoying the beautiful flower garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh Heather this is so cute,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The the kitty looks so happy in the flowers. Like how you made the butterfly. My daughter and I also watched the new Thor while sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.