Sunday, 16 March 2014

Happiness Quilt Progress

Woo Hoo! Block one of Monica Poole's Happiness Quilt is done. Well the applique part anyway. I forgot to order the backing and as it is quilt-as-you-go I can't do the quilting on it yet. 

Ready for the machine blanket stitch.


Doesn't take very long with the machine, but I still feel like I'm cheating by not doing it by hand.




All done! The backing should be here next week hopefully! Then I'll be able to finish the blocks off as I go.



*On another note Anthea of Western Australia is trying to organise a blogger meet and greet for any like minded bloggers who may be interested in a get together.

Anthea is planning a very relaxed informal "Meet Up For Western Australian Bloggers" at the Perth Craft & Quilt Fair in May, and is working towards building a network/group of lovely sewing, quilting, stitching and creative blogging ladies in WA.
If you are from Western Australia and would like to make contact with Anthea, you can find her here.

And last but no way the least, don't forget Jenny of Elefantz's Beautiful 'Rosedaisy Alphabet' giveaway. If you haven't yet entered the giveaway, just read this blog post and follow the instructions. 

I'm stitching "B" first for my beautiful daughter and friend Barb. I know she will see this but I haven't said what I will be making it into. Keep guessing Barb!



Good luck everyone in the draw.





9 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Happiness block is looking lovely. Now what will you make with the stitchery, will look forward to seeing it when you finish. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Happiness block. It is such a sweet quilt. Looking forward to seeing your progress x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Happiness block too. I've been practising machine blanket stitch...and getting a little better at it LOL. I am SO slow at doing it by hand. xx debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely projects and I have machined blanket stitched in the past :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your block and I always machine appliquƩd now...
    Thanks for the thumbs up for us Sandgropers...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the MP block tomorrow...and you can whisper in my ear what you're making for Barb... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd start with H beacause I'm also a HeatheršŸ˜Š
    Sixmantzs@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous quilt your working on!

    Love these! So girly and fun!

    I'd start with the letter "S" for my baby granddaughter Scarlett!

    Gina S.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.