Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Wet Driving - Part 2

Travelling the tropical rain forest highway to Yungaburra.


Beautiful gardens abound on the tablelands.


Interesting bird life!  Doesn't he look real?


The view from our patio, and at least it wasn't raining........well, not yet anyway!


A gardeners delight everywhere you look. 





Lots of plants and goodies can be found at the market.





And just to show that is wasn't just having a good time away, I did get the first two blocks of Monica Poole's Happiness Quilt finished before I left. 

Block 1 quilted now.


Block 2 pieced and quilted


Ready for the next issue of Homespun and Block 3.







7 comments:

  1. Wow Heather what awesome pics and love your two finished blocks.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning pics and the blocks look great !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tour. I enjoyed coming along. Gorgeous photos and so are your blocks xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for taking me along...wonderful pictures...lovely quilt blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what they are called, but I love those yellow flowers. My grandmother used to have them rambling in the garden :)
    Your blocks look great too!! Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pics, wish there were more. Must chat with Mr E about taking me north really soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.