Saturday, 19 April 2014

Friday Night Stitching

I joined with everyone to do a little stitching on Friday night. Thanks Wendy for hosting this lovely night again.

I worked on my newest project using scraps from the scrap bin. 


I found lots of 1-1/2 inch strips belonging to a fabric range and decided to use them in a quilt-as-you-go place mat for the coffee table. For the backing I used a piece of pre-quilted calico. The finished size turned out to be about 14 x 20 inches.





I think the longest part to complete was the quilting as I did each side of the joins.  
I also used some of the remaining strips to make the binding.

Went to bed very happy indeed. Pop on over to Wendy's blog and see what everyone else made.


Hope everyone has a safe and happy Easter.






22 comments:

  1. You know what I'm going to say, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Heather ,well done on a beautiful finish.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather that is so lovely...Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work Heather. Happy Easter to you too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats a lovely mat Heather... it's always great to use up the strips and how pretty it looks...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty scraps Heather , makes a lovely place mat too. enjoy the rest of your Easter break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely little mat.....what a treasure of scraps you have.
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  8. A brightly coloured runner that's a perfect use of scraps. We'll done ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice little mat. Using scraps like this is so much fun. The colors are bright and happy. Happy Easter to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for you comment on my blog for FNSI. I love your work, the colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply gorgeous Heather!! :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely such pretty colours

    ReplyDelete
  13. How beautiful your place mat turned out! I love the pretty colors in the fabrics you chose...so spring-ish. You did a really lovely job! Happy Easter sweetie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! You got a lot done. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! You got a lot done. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty! You got a lot done. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such pretty colours, and a great finish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.