Tuesday, 20 May 2014

A spot of upcycling!

There are lots of people out there with great ideas for upcycling all manner of everyday items.

What do you do with these containers from the supermarket?


They often come with fruit in them, and sometimes they have biscuits. They come in all shapes and sizes, big and small.

Here is what I like to do with them. 

They hold all the bits and pieces when I'm working on a project.


Scraps and threads while I'm stitching.


A container for all the different threads when I machine applique. I choose all my colours first and have them handy where I can grab them quickly to change colours.


I even use them in draws to hold different items such as make-up!


Here are a couple of other bloggers who love to recycle. Agy and Karen, they have lots of great ideas.

What do you do with yours?


6 comments:

  1. They are great ideas Heather. Mainly use those to store pencils and pens. I use empty chewing gum tins to store my used machine and sewing needles, buttons, beads etc. Just put a label on the outside. so I know what is inside. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas Heather,thankyou for sharing.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that Heather, great ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great ideas Heather. I have a couple on my fridge crisper so my tomatoes don't get squashed by the other vegies. Thanks for the links too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have kept a few to plant my seeds into before transplanting into the garden :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.