Monday, 12 May 2014

A Tale of Two Stitchings!

My mojo had gone missing and I didn't really know what I wanted to stitch so I pulled out a little stitchery I finished recently and thought I would put it together. 
Then I filled it with needles and took a piccy and the more I looked at it the more I thought there was something wrong with it and for the life of me I couldn't figure what! The buttons were in the wrong place for a start!


I was really confused and decided to check out the original Jenny of Elefantz pattern and see what I had done wrong! Nope, no good, can't see the mistake..................then one day while looking at it again ..........I discovered I had completely changed the piecing.
 Check out  the way it should have been!


Ha Ha....who's the goose. I guess I was a little pre-occupied with family matters! Now the decision to keep it as is was there and I tried to put on a nonchanlant air of "it will be ok the way it is", but the more I looked at it the more I wanted to change it.

So to the un-picker I went and that is how it became the tale of two stitchings! I could have written a dam book.

Example number 2! 
Now mine is still different because I didn't really want to unpick the whole lot! Hope I get my brains back soon! LOL!



The inside story



I think the moral of the story is to check the pattern as you go and make sure you have the pieces in the right place.
Hope you like my un-intentional version.



5 comments:

  1. Your version looks lovely. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Heather,

    Sometimes sewing doesn't go to plan, but I think using the pattern in a different way makes it more you. You have your own beautiful version.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's still beautiful, my friend, and I'm very inspired that you went to all the work of unpicking....we always feel better when we do, but it's a mammoth task (mentally) a lot of the time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice heather and i think that happens to us all,lol,i love it,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, it looked lovely before, & it still does now! The re-sewing of it is so perfect, no one would know... Sending hugs & love your way after the passing of your darling MIL, it's a big family shift when the older & much-loved members pass away... xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.