Wednesday, 14 May 2014

New Bag

Doing the stitching for Dawn Hay's Preston Bag, but still having trouble choosing the fabric for the rest of of it. If you want to make one for yourself you can find it here.


 Just don't know about the green!



Love the stitchery verse.

Needed to show the view from my office. Looking out over the sea to Magnetic Island.



And around the back there is a close up of Castle Hill! 


Of course that is the view when I am in the office as I also go to Cairns, Mareeba and Ingham as well as working in Townsville.

Last week I spent some time in Mareeba and on the way home I just had to stop in at the rose farm, Roseburra and pick up some seconds. Around 40 roses for $12 What a bargin. They call these seconds?


 I need to make the craft shops known to me now and vist them as well!




10 comments:

  1. Love you fabric choices. The bag is on my "to do" list. Gorgeous view & such a bargain with the beautiful roses. If they are 2nds the 1sts must be darn magnificent then. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous verse. I love the green Heather. That is some view! I visited Magnetic Island when I was 16. I am sure it is vastly different now. Your roses are such a beautiful bargain...almost a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this bag...just added it to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great view from your office - my husband and I shared it last week while visiting Townsville for the first time for a family wedding. We stayed at a hotel on the Strand and the wedding was across the road in the park. It was all so lovely - and missing out on 10 degree days in Ballarat wasn't hard to take at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh your bag will be gorgeous,i must start mine,lovely views Heather.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the fabrics...the green looks great Heather...gorgeous views....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous views and lovely fabrics, the bag will look great !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roses! I have a birthday coming soon....I think it's right after you go to a arena again. ;-)
    Love the green...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mareeba, not arena. Spellchecker...bad...

      Delete
  9. Great fabrics. This bag is on my to do list also. How wonderful to have such a beautiful view. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.