Saturday, 2 August 2014

What I did on Friday Night

Love the incentive of stitching on line with everyone and last night was no exception. So instead of going to bed early I decided to follow along with Jenny's latest project the Shabby Roses Churn Dash Stitch-a-Long. There is an easy to follow tutorial on her blog.


There was plenty of company for me while stitching and watching Better Homes and Gardens, with this cat insisting of sitting on my lap the whole time!


Stitching completed and ready for cutting pieces for the churn dash part. Dug in the scrap box for some left-overs for this part. Oh! I do love Flower Sugar by Lecien!


Completed block ready for the next.


As this didn't take a long time I also made a little tea bag holder from Red Brolly. Was initially going to use paper for this but decided on fabric. I put mine together a little differently from Bronwyn but next time I will definitely hand stitch and not use the machine. I like it anyway and will also try paper next time. Great little gift idea - it is a good size for stuffing with chocolate or other little goodies including the odd tea bag!


Thanks Cheryll for hosting last night and I will certainly be heading on over to her blog to check out what everyone else was up to later.







18 comments:

  1. What a productive night, despite your lap warmer! ;-)
    I love the block with Flower Sugar (so, where in your stash does the rest reside????), and that tea bag - hey, I have a birthday coming soon. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather, Love the block of Miss Jenny's you did must get to my stash today and get out some fabric so that i can keep up with this one. LOVE the tea bag just beautiful what a wonderful idea AND my birthday is in November which is BEFORE Miss Jenny's. hahahaha
    Hugs
    Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful quilt block and love the tea bag holder...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tea bag holder and the churn dash is just lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  5. A friend of mine just started making all these blocks and it's a lot of hard work, not to mention time. Love the tea bag holder - very adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely projects and the tea bag holder has won my heart too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Heather you sure was busy,well done on your beautiful work.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely projects. I saw that teapot bag in my email this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your churn dash block and the tea bad holder is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little tea pot holder is soooo cute
    :-)
    Rae

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had a great FNWF Heather. I love what you got done and that little tea bag holder is a very sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute tea pot!!!
    Love your little CD block!
    Fabric is sooo nice too.
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for joining in...and working on some gorgeous projects. Love that cute teapot too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your lap warmer and how gorgeous is that tea bag holder.

    ReplyDelete
  15. your churn dashes are so very pretty... they will look fantastic all together...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute is that teapot tea bag holder...love your blocks also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.