Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Gentle Domesticity

I can't say how much this has struck a cord with me. Making a home comfortable and happy is very important to most of us and definitely with me. I love the idea of stitching/sewing for the home.

It was great to whip up a few lovely tea-towels for gifts and some for myself. Quick and easy to put together, you'll find the tutorial here at Jenny's blog.



I made 6 in the first lot, using pieces from my scrap buckets. I love the teacup and pots fabric and can't even remember what I used the original piece on? The veggie print was from a swap that at the time of receiving it didn't have any idea what I would be doing with it. Soon as I saw it I loved it for the towel.


Two have been given away already. Not hard to make up more. Woolworths  must be rubbing their hands together with the increased sales of tea-towels!


Whipped up another 2 for a swap. No...it's not the same towel. I had to do another combination of the green as it's so fresh and lovely. These are for a swap.

Next project is an apron.



12 comments:

  1. Wow Heather they are so gorgeous,yes Jenny should be on commission from Woolies/ Safeway,lol. Can't wait to start on mine ,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Heather they came up looking beautiful will have to get my towels out and see what i can come up with. Hugs Narelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so nice! I may have to make a few for gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they look gorgeous well done !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great - especially love the 3 blue ones in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are even prettier in real life. Thank you my dear friend for the wonderful thoughts you've shared about the delights of homemaking. You always inspire me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love Woolies tea towels too, Heather! Your towels are so pretty, it would be a shame to use them on the dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh they are just perfect! LoVe them all ! x0x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous Heather! I just love the green ones too, so fresh and cheery :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. a wonderful idea..love them

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work Heather! They are almost too good to use on the dishes!! I will definitely enjoy them in my kitchen!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.