Wednesday, 15 April 2015

It Started out as...

When I first saw the applique tea pot of Jenny's I loved it and wanted to make one also. But what started out as applique ended up as stitchery.



I actually traced out the design on Vliesofix and had chosen the fabric, only to change my mind and take off the lid and throw in a bunch of flowers and do it all in thread.




I enjoyed stitching this onto one of my linen tea-towels. Another for the birthday box.!  I am loving being prepared with items to pop in as a little something extra when birthdays come around.






15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Heather. Loving Jen's tea lovers designs. They just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Heather,

    Oh I love it, what a great idea. The flowers in the pot make for a wonderful design. Hope you made one for yourself.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather wow both are beautiful,well done and I think you might have a talent there with designing my friend,I hope you have a wonderful day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what great gift ideas! aren't jennys' designs just so beautiful!
    & a beautiful change, the flowers make you want to sing & yes i hope you made one for yourself too
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the addition of the flowers - very clever..the teapot is such a lovely shape too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful...nice stitching

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous tea towel, I think handmade gifts are so special. You are more organised than I am, last week I had a day to make a pressie!! Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, Heather... what a gorgeous design, I really love that pink thread you've used, do I detect that it's variegated?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stitchery is absolutely gorgeous Heather. Well done for adapting it and making it your own. hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tis lovely, nothing like adding your own stamp to things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks great Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks great Heather!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.