Monday, 20 April 2015

Trouble in the Hen House!

An egg thief came visiting the other day.........he/she was most unwelcome and I spent some time dealing with this pest to chase it out of our yard! It is a Sand Monitor and was about 1 metre long.


This got into the chook house because when I am home I usually let out some chooks to pick around the yard and it came in through the open gate.


I didn't know whether to be scared or to laugh as the chooks made an awful racket but kept going near to have a look. I finally chased it away and out of the yard. I did have the help of my little band of ducks...........well that's what I liked to think anyway. I think they thought I had the food bucket and only followed me for a feed! LOL!


They had lots to say also, but I think it was along the lines of .." Hey! where's the FOOD"!





12 comments:

  1. Cheeky monitor. He obviously thought it was an open invitation Lol! Love your duck army xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...gladthere was no hurt to the chooks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't like those unwanted guests do we... but a funny post about the ducks...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. those monitors are amazing.... but a bit scary too ...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh we had goannas in ours..poor chookies

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those monitors & goannas but not in the chook house please! cheeky thing getting a free feed!
    glad all the ladies were okay & hooray to the band of ducks, too funny
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. love those monitors & goannas but not in the chook house please! cheeky thing getting a free feed!
    glad all the ladies were okay & hooray to the band of ducks, too funny
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do they harm the chooks or trying to steal eggs? Either way, not very nice for the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not nice for the chooks or you great you had help in moving him along safely:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not really squeamish but not too sure I would want to be in chicken coop with one of those! I love your band of ducks! Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! I'm a die hard animal lover and have rescued countless little critters, but seeing that giant lizard creeping around the yard would have made me nervous (and that's an understatement!) I'm glad you and your precious, very brave little ducks, were able to shoo him away! xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! I'm a die hard animal lover and have rescued countless little critters, but seeing that giant lizard creeping around the yard would have made me nervous (and that's an understatement!) I'm glad you and your precious, very brave little ducks, were able to shoo him away! xo :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.