Wednesday, 23 September 2015

Trying Something New.

Remember a couple of weeks ago I got these? I put down the sewing needles and picked up a power saw and a few other tools instead!

.....with a bit of work I have turned one of the frames into a lovely tray to display items on my coffee table.


I even had a lesson or two with power tools........lucky for me hubby has a very well stocked shed.

Cutting the boards for the base.




Unfortunately it seems I deleted the photos of painting the frame and boards from my camera accidentally but  you can see how I finished it anyway.



I painted it with my home made chalk paint, and used a little blue paint to add just a hint of colour, followed by some soft furniture wax. I still need to get a couple of handles for the ends and I will be able to call it finished.

I have different plans for the other frame and can't wait to start on it. Had a marvellous time doing this one and gained a few new skills.......if you could call it that as I did have hubby on hand if I needed him.

Happy crafting .........


10 comments:

  1. Very sweet - Im sure you did gain new skills - never hurts to ahev a "supervisor" on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! How gorgeous. As soon as this lingering head cold leaves I shall be over for a cuppa. Miss our visits.
    hugs
    Jenny
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea, it is really lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever. Love your new creations...beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather this is just gorgeous, well done, & new skills are always fab... can't wait to see what you do with the other one...
    (I'm going to show this post to my SIL, she's a big advocate for re-purposing)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muy ingenioso. Ha quedado muy bonito.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great upcycle! Thanks for linking up to New to Me too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.