Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Handmade Napkins

Checking out other blogs I came across a great idea to make some lovely fabric napkins using some beautiful linen fabric.
As you can see they can be found on A Spoonful of Sugar's blog. There are lots of lovely projects to make and Lisa also has a new book out as well.

They were super easy to make and although I have the same little labels as the originals I have used a handmade ribbon instead. I would say that next time I might put the little label more towards the middle....don't know yet.


They have generously provided the supplier of this gorgeous fabric and of course I had to have it in a few different colour-ways. I brought the green, blue, pick and brown fabrics. 
You may have noticed I haven't made any brown ones yet! This being my least favorite colour it's no wonder I have left these to last. I need at least 8 for family dinners so I had better cut out the last two and finish up this set before I use up the lace on another project!
As you can see there is still lots of fabric left over........now what to make with this? Maybe some more or a tray center or a small tea cloth. Must go on Pinterest for ideas.

Keep stitching.



10 comments:

  1. Hi Heather wow these are so pretty and i love the spotted Linen what a great find,well done my friend and i hope you have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cloth napkins always make a meal much more special. Yours are lovely in the polka-dot linen. These also make wonderful gifts anytime of year. Divine Dining Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the great thing about visiting other blogs...you get
    some wonderful inspiration from them. The fabrics are beautiful,
    lovely finishes.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see them all finished...and maybe use one? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cloth napkins! And hand made! It is a lovely deatail for a table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful heather ,,,.
    Love the jug xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, those are lovely Heather. There are so many lovely ideas in the blogging community!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, those are lovely Heather. There are so many lovely ideas in the blogging community!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Heather, they will look gorgeous on the table setting !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.