Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Hello 2016



WOW! Just where did 2015 go? 
That's what I hear from family and friends whenever we talk and although I think the year definitely did go fast I know this one will be the same. As a child they never seemed to move and now we are adults we speed through the months.


I know I have been a little slack on blog posts for the last couple of months and sometimes life gets in the way and then it just becomes harder and harder to write a post. But I have been stitching and sewing, making  gifts and little things for around the house.



I'm loving Jenny's  "Living the Gentle Domestic Life" and found this has really touched my heart with getting back to the role of homemaker, wife, mother and grandmother. After resigning from my full time high pressure job and feeling a little lost for a while I have loved getting back into the fulfilling role of homemaker, stitching wonderful designs, baking tasty goodies, and making my house into a home. I now work casually and fit it around child-minding and other pursuits.
I know it's not for everyone but I am sure that everyone can take something away from the blog posts and that joy can be found in the ordinary.


I have continued to stitch up little designs to go on hand towels and tea towels and even designed a new stitchery for Christmas but didn't get time to write up the pattern so now I have a whole year to do this! LOL! 






Hopefully this pattern will be available soon in Craftsy.
 I think 2016 will be a year for finishing off some of the UFOs in the box and maybe starting just a few new ones!

Happy stitching.




6 comments:

  1. Yes 2015 just disappeared... It seams life is like " A toilet Roll , the older it gets the faster it goes".
    You have finished some lovely stitcheries and the Christmas one is just gorgeous....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Las amas de casa tenemos innumerables responsabilidades que cumplir. Es natural no tener todo el tiempo que quisiéramos para el blog. No se preocupe por sus patrones: el diseño es tan bonito que nunca quedará anticuado. Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are part of my inspiration for Living the Gentle Domestic Life, Heather. I'm loving our walk down this path, and I know we're not alone. Love ya, gorgeous girl! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems to have flown by doesn't it. I am all for whatever brings you a sense of peace and contentment.Lovely stitching and I love your beautiful Christmas stitchery. Happy 2016 Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you have found the perfect balance in your life. Well done...xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 2016, lovely Christmas stitchery !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.