Monday, 11 April 2016

Orphan Stitchey's

I love to stitch and this is quite obvious when you see the amount of orphan stitchery's in my stash. Sometimes (more often than not)  I stitch with no plan for them other than I really love the designs and I often don't have any idea on fabric until after I am finished. I often get in trouble for this from a certain friend who is so much more organised than me!

So while browsing Pinterest I came across this idea and thought it would make a great gift.


They look so cute with their matching utensils and recipe cards.

I took a Jenny of Elefantz  design from her "a year in the garden" stitchery  and made it into one of these cute pot holders using some fabric from my stash.







Lucky for me I had some fabric in orange tones to match the stitchery. There's no chance this one will find it's way into the gift box as it's definitely a keeper. I can just see some of my other little orphans as pot holders too!

You can make some for yourself or friends by going over here to Quilt Expressions for the pattern and tutorial.




11 comments:

  1. Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea and your fabric was just perfect to go with the pretty orphan stitchery block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely projects you have shared today, Jenny is a wonderful designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good morning Heather,wow this looks fantastic and I love Jenny stitchery design ,it looks so nice for this project,this is really a very cute idea,thankyou for sharing my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow Heather, way too pretty to get baking dish spills on it! well done, it looks so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea and looks great, thanks Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your special stitchery potholder is wonderful. The gift potholders with matching spatula are wonderful hostess gifts. Always good to be ahead of needs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great idea. With a hand towel it will make great Xmas presents or a nice Mother's Day gift.
    Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank for the link on the potholder. Yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment. I love hearing from you.